SERVE THE COMMUNITY
We encourage everyone to make an impact by serving, and this starts in our own community! Volunteering is a tangible way to demonstrate the love of God and build relationships with our neighbors.
To find out more about ways to serve our community, please contact Curt Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-635-7242. We have various community outreach opportunities, or we'd love if you helped by Serving at an Event. Let’s all do our part!
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteering in our community is a tangible way to demonstrate the love of God and build relationships with our neighbors. Prayerfully consider how YOU can get involved!
Bethany Christian Services
Safe Families for Children is a nationwide movement of compassion that gives hope to families in crisis. Host families help parents who need to temporarily place their children due to unmanageable or critical circumstances. The average length of stay is 45 days.
- Host a child in your home through the Safe Families program
- Mentor an older youth through the Safe Families Plus program
Contact - Jan Heindel at 717-238-3549 or email@example.com
Brethren Housing Association
BHA owns several properties (including apartments) in the Allison Hill area of Harrisburg. These are rehabilitated to provide transitional housing to homeless families, primarily single moms and their children, until they become self-sufficient.
- Help with children's programs or mentor moms
- Skilled labor and light maintenance
Contact - Heather Cotignola-Pickens at 717-233-6016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Derry Street Church
1508 Derry Street, Harrisburg
Derry Street Church provides life-transforming programs for children, youth and adults.
- After School Care Program
- Bread Ministry
- Community Gardens
- Community Lunch
- Job Readiness Training
Contact - Beth Ridgeway at 717-233-6441 or email@example.com
Grane Hospice provides a team-oriented approach to care. Mature,
compassionate volunteers (over 18) are needed.
- Visit patients at Bridges Facility in Mechanicsburg
- Help with errands
- Provide clerical services
- Create crafts to encourage the patients
Contact - Jenee Fetterhoff at 717-763-4001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New Digs Ministry, Inc.
New Digs assists families in need by providing gently used furniture and household goods to help set up a household.
- Help clients pick out furniture; Wednesdays & Fridays, 9 AM-Noon
- Help drivers/workers who pick up furniture; Wednesdays, 9 AM-Noon
- Unpack and fill shelves with kitchen items and linens at the warehouse
- Board members needed, especially an accountant or attorney
Contact - Gigi Jantos at 717- 620-9735 or email@example.com
The YWCA of Greater Harrisburg
The YWCA provides programs and shelter for women and children.
- Download the Volunteer Application from their website
Contact - Liz Martin at 717-234-7931 x 3056 or firstname.lastname@example.org