use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse
treat with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly
speak in an insulting and offensive way to or about (someone)
If you are being abused and need help, carefully contact one of the following organizations to create a safe exit plan:
1. 911 if you are afraid or in immediate danger
2. Domestic Violence Hotlines (By county)
- CUMBERLAND: 1-800-852-2102
- DAUPHIN: 1-800-654-1211
- PERRY: 1-800-852-2102
- YORK: 1-800-262-8444 ACCESS YORK (YWCA York)
3. National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 1- 800-799-7233
- 1-800-787-3224 (TTY/Hearing Impaired)
4. Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- National hotline 800-799-SAFE
- Local numbers 545-6400 Harrisburg
5. YWCA of Greater Harrisburg- Violence intervention and prevention services
- Hotline 800-654-1211
6. CHILDLINE- State child abuse registry
- 1-800-932-0313 (Report suspected child abuse or request child abuse history clearance form)
Oasis Bible Study
Faith-based classes available in Cumberland County for victims and survivors of Domestic Violence. Provides hope with healing in a safe and supportive environment while teaching God's truth.
Contact: Diane 503-850-8225
A Time to Heal Beyond Survival
Leader: Tammy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Confidential interview required; contact Tammy.
Contact for current session dates
A biblically-based program for women who have suffered from the trauma of rape, sexual, physical and domestic abuse.
Domestic Violence and the Faith Community Seminar
Saturday, October 6, 2018 8:30 AM- 12:30 PM (Tentative)
The Plaza at Christian Life Assembly
Do you know what to do if your friend or someone you know is in trouble? Most Christians do more harm than good. Our natural tendencies to help are the opposite of what we should do. Watch for more details and registration coming soon.